I have been doing a study that I got from church when I got baptized.
I just finished it this morning but I need some help understanding this verse I read in the bible.
The study is talking about how Christ desires to direct our lives.
And how we are to trust Him with our lives.
And then it gave me some verses to look up for:
Time (Eph. 5:5-16)
Money (1 Cor. 16:2) On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.
Abilities (Col. 3:17)
Relationships (Matt. 22:34-40)
Mind (Romans 12:1-2)
Ambitions (Matt. 6:33)
Morality (1 Cor. 6:19-20)
I understood all but one.
I did not understand the money verse.
If someone could give me some insight that would be great!
I am not sure if it is talking about tithes or saving for something else.
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I believe it is talking about tithing and giving God your first fruits.
Also it is saying to give generously and be willing to give it (a cheerful giver) not make them come collect it drudgingly.
I don't want to tell you what I think it means. Look up bible commentaries online and see what the context is of the passage.
Jonathan and I don't think it's about tithing, but you study it...
Carrie
Post a Comment